Addressing our massive spending and debt needs to be our top priority.
America’s debt represents a profound generational theft. Out of control spending in Washington, by both parties, has left a legacy of debt to our children and grandchildren that is both irresponsible and immoral. Rather than make the tough choices necessary to preserve America’s financial stability, the career politicians have voted, time and again, to increase the debt ceiling and pass the buck to future generations, making the problem worse in the process. In business, I learned that debt must be dealt with through careful planning, budgeting, and disciplined execution.
Stop Reckless Spending and Debt by:
- Cutting one cent of every dollar from all federal spending each year for six straight years to balance the budget
- Establishing a maximum cap on federal spending of 18% of GDP
- Passing a Constitutional amendment that requires a balanced federal budget
- Permanently banning earmarks and pork barrel spending
- Establishing a requirement to stop paying the salaries of Members of Congress unless they pass a budget